About this item
- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- 1-1/4-inch Cutting Length, 45°Cutting Angle, Material 5/8 to 1-1/8-Inch thick, 2-49/64-Inch Length
- Create boxes, stretcher bars, frames and any assortment of right angle or parallel joint projects
- ideal for milling miter joints in 1-1/8-Inch stock Use on router tables only
- Non-Stick Orange Shield Coating, Anti-Kickback Design, Equipped with Bearing
- 2 SinterHip Hi-Density Industrial Chrome Carbide cutting edges for long-lasting performance
This bit is ideal for milling miter joints in 1-1/8-Inch stock and it is also a quick and easy way to accurately create boxes, stretcher bars, frames and any assortment of right angle or parallel joint projects. Bit features super-strength superior steel body, Non-Stick Orange Shield Coating and cutting edges made of SinterHip Hi-Density Industrial Chrome Carbide for a long-lasting performance. Not for use on hand-held router. Use it on router tables only. After a test performed by Wood Magazine, CMT orange bits have been rated the first overall router bits compared to other brands.
From the Manufacturer
Both the CMT Lock Miter Bit and the new Baby Lock Miter are the perfect tools for any and all your joint projects. Use the Lock Miter for making jewelry boxes, frames and right angle or parallel joints in stock from 5/8 to 1-1/8. For humidors and small jewelry boxes, we made the Baby Lock Miter to make joints in thinner stock – from 3/8 to 3/4. To produce perfectly fitting miter joints, mill the piece with the inside face flat on the table centered to the bit as shown in step 1 below. Mill the other work piece with the inside face vertical to the bit and fence, as shown in step 2 below. For sturdy parallel joints follow step 1. Lay the other work piece inside face up and mill.